Could you be the new QBBA state coach?
The Queensland Blind Bowlers Association are looking for a new state coach. What is the role?
State Coach for the Queensland Blind Bowls Association (QBBA)
How long would I be in the role for?
Three years (Until after 2021 Nationals & Worlds)
What would I need to do?
1. Maintain an inclusive and positive culture.
2. Promote the Sport of Bowls for people with Low Vision
3. Provide support, both on and off green to players and directors, so that they are encouraged and supported in reaching their own goals in bowls.
4. Develop and facilitate a performance development plan for QBBA bowlers and directors, at all skill levels,
5. Deliver a high performance plan for competitive members.
6. Conduct training to ensure the optimal development of players and directors.
7. Provide on green technical and tactical direction within training and competitions.
8. Plan and conduct training camps for members competing in higher competitions. E.g. state and national events.
9. Chair the State selection committee and provide advice on the performance of players and directors.
10. Maintain training records for the players and directors you work with.
11. Attend all ABBA National Titles and other events involving QBBA members where possible.
12. Act as an emergency fill-in Director when required.
Provide reports to the QBBA Board as required
What skills and knowledge would I require?
1. Must hold a current Working with Children/Vulnerable People card.
2. Thorough understanding and knowledge of bowls.
3. Commitment to bowlers with low vision and blindness
4. Advanced adaptive communication skills to work with low vision athletes. Capable of persevering when faced with slow progress.
5. Commitment to strive for on green success.
6. Ability to create an inclusive and positive culture
7. Self-motivated to work as an individual and as part of a team.
8. Ability to travel to state and National events.
9. Technology skills: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, email etc… with still photography, video camera and video editing are desirable.
10.Current First Aid Certificate desirable
What is my remuneration?
It’s an unpaid voluntary role, however, your major travel costs & an allowance for some out of pocket expenses will be paid by QBBA.
For more information contact Christine Henry:
Hon. Secretary – QBBA
NOTE: Low Vision and Blind bowlers play bowls at every level:
SOCIAL GAMES, CLUB EVENTS, DISTRICT, STATE, NATIONAL and INTERNATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS