25-year Meritorious Award for services to bowls
Congratulations to Patricia Ward on her 25-year Meritorious Award for services to bowls. Patricia joined the Athelstane Ladies Bowls Club in March 1993, while still working full time as a nurse at the Rockhampton Mater Hospital. She retired from nursing in 2000 aged 55.
Patricia holds an impressive bowls history:
- Elected to Athelstane Ladies Committee 1994/2004 and in 2003/4 to the Athelstane board of directors.
- Become a state umpire in 1994.
- Elected to CQ District Match Committee in 1995.
- District Match Chair from 2007 to 2019.
- State level 2 umpire from 1998 to 2005, teaching the laws of bowls to players from Moranbah, Clermont, Emerald, Miriam Vale, Biloela, Moura and Gladstone.
- President of Athelstane Ladies Bowls Club (2000, 2001 & 2003).
- Member of Diggers Ladies Bowls Club from 2004 to 2013.
- Elected to Diggers Ladies committee in 2006.
- President of Diggers Ladies in 2013.
- Games director for Diggers Ladies from 2006 to 2009.
- Joined Yeppoon Ladies Bowls Club in December 2013 and elected to committee for 2016/17.
- Delegate to CQDLBA for Baralaba Ladies Bowling Club 2016/17.
- Manager of the CQ State District Side from 2009 to 2019.
Patricia is in her 26th year of service to the CQ District Bowling Association and is currently a member of Yeppoon Ladies Bowling Club, serves on the CQ District Match Committee and is Senior Vice President of the CQ District Ladies Bowling Association. She was assigned as a Presenter and Assessor of the Laws of the Sport of Bowls for the CQ District by Bowls Queensland in early 2020. Patricia has played bowls all the years of her 26 years’ service and continues to play competitively.