It’s Not Just the Bowls
By Sue Benson
Like many other clubs the St Lucia Bowling Club was started after the war in 1947.
It was built at the edge of The University of Queensland Campus and a 1950 photo shows one of the two greens with the University buildings in the background. Apart from the professionally managed greens everything else in the club is performed by volunteers. We play bowls to win, but it is the fellowship gained by being involved in all aspects of club maintenance and activities that we believe contributes to our club’s continuing success.
These two photos below show the front of the clubhouse and the beautiful flower beds between the greens.