COVID-19 Compliance Reminder
Please find below information for your attention from the QLD Gov Sport and Recreation COVID-19 Team….
Industry COVID Safe Plans continue to play a vital role in helping to ensure a safe and healthy environment for your members to participate in sport and/or recreation activities.
As a reminder, the key principles for compliance includes:
- Occupant density requirements of one person per two squares metres at indoor venues and adhering to physical distancing requirements for outdoor venues
- Physical contact permitted on the ‘field of play’ only
- Continued cleaning and disinfection of frequently touched surfaces and equipment
- Promotion of good hand and respiratory hygiene
- Collection and storage of contact tracing information
To assist organisation will the collection of contract tracing information, the Check In Qld app is now available to download and use. The advantages of this particular check in app include:
- Registration and use of the app is free
- Organisations using the app will no longer need to store information as the data entered by users is stored securely by Queensland Health.
- By using the Check In Qld app it will help make contact tracing faster and more reliable.
- Registered organisations will receive a set-up guide including QR Code posters for display in multiple, accessible onsite locations.
Use of the app is not mandatory however is one platform organisations can use to manage contact tracing requirements. To assist with promotion of the app, the Queensland Government have developed a resource kit including social media graphics and icons for use on websites or marketing material. Available on the Check In Qld app website.