Restrictions to continue for SEQ
Restrictions for venues have not eased from 6am today, Friday 16 July 2021, as previously anticipated.
For licensed venues in the local government areas of Brisbane, Moreton, Ipswich, Logan City, Redlands, Sunshine Coast, Noosa, Somerset, Lockyer Valley, Scenic Rim and Gold Coast, the restrictions that have been in place since 29 June 2021 will remain in place for a further seven days until 6am Friday 23 July 2021.
Licensed venues in Townsville, Magnetic and Palm Island will align with restrictions that remain in place for the rest of Queensland.
Remember you are required to operate under the COVID Safe Checklist. Please ensure you download, sign and display the checklist applicable to the current stage of eased restrictions.
The checklist covers:
- density requirements and physical distancing
- contact tracing information
- cleaning requirements
- staff wellness.
Please check covid19.qld.gov.au for an updated checklist.
Face masks – you must continue to carry a face mask with you at all times. You must always wear a face mask when outside your home.
Business restrictions to continue:
- All businesses must have one person per 4 square metres on their premises indoors, one person per 2 square metres outdoors, or 100 per cent capacity with ticketed and allocated seating.
- Businesses with an indoor floor space of less than 200 square metres can have one person per 2 square metres, up to 50 people at a time.
- Restricted businesses must use the COVID Safe Checklist for impacted areas.
- Restaurants and cafes must have seated eating and drinking, no standing allowed. Contact details must also be collected for takeaway customers in an impacted area.
- Wedding ceremonies are allowed 100 people and limited to 20 people dancing at any one time.
- Funerals are allowed 100 people.
- Dancing is not allowed except at weddings (for 20 guests at a time) and dance studios or dance classes.